Quench your thirst with this Vegan Mango Lassi that takes just 5 ingredients to make! It’s the perfect creamy, Indian-inspired drink for tropical vibes.
Just because it isn’t warm out yet, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a fruity, tropical drink, right? With this popular Indian drink, everyday is like summer.
It’s also a great way to make use of any mango you might have hanging around your kitchen. Just blend it up with some yogurt, coconut milk, and a little bit of maple syrup, and you’ve got yourself a creamy, dreamy mango lassi.
My first encounter with mango lassi was with a good friend of mine. Growing up in a small town that was somewhat limited in cuisine, we were thrilled when an Indian restaurant opened nearby. During our first visit, we ended up having to wait an awfully long time for our food, so the waiter treated us to some fresh mango lassis. These delicious drinks certainly made the wait worthwhile!
If you’re a fan of mango, I think you’ll feel the same.
Vegan Mango Lassi Ingredients
- Mango: This sweet, tropical fruit is the main star. I tested the mango lassi with fresh mango as well as canned. I must say the canned mango doesn’t hold a candle to the fresh. The fresh mango offered more depth and sweetness, while the canned mango was very bland. I highly recommend using fresh mango, if possible! Mango is packed with vitamin C and is high in powerful antioxidants.
- Coconut milk: I opted to use canned coconut milk rich flavor and creamy texture. Coconut and mango also pair well for the ultimate tropical drink.
- Coconut yogurt: Mango lassi is traditionally made with yogurt. It adds tanginess and is consistent with the creamy texture.
- Maple syrup: Although mango is sweet by itself, just a little bit of this natural sweetener does the trick. I prefer things a little less on the sweet side, so feel free to add more to taste.
- Water: You’ll get a pourable, more drinkable consistency by adding some water. For a thicker consistency, simply use less water.
As always, if you make this recipe, please let me know what you think by rating it or commenting below. And if you share on Instagram, be sure to tag me @plantedpurpose + #plantedpurpose. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
Vegan Mango Lassi
- 2 cups mango, cut (about 2 mangos)
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain coconut yogurt
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch of cardamom to garnish each lassi
Add mango, coconut milk, yogurt, water, and maple syrup to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add more water. For a thicker consistency, use less water.
Sprinkle with cardamom and enjoy!