This Berry Cocoa Dream Smoothie features pomegranate and blueberries with a hint of chocolate for an on-the-go breakfast that’s both nutritious and delicious!
Happy 2019, guys! I know a lot of you have set new goals for eating healthy, so I’ve got you covered with this berry smoothie that requires just 8 ingredients (minus ice) to make. I made this a few times during my winter break, and it was honestly refreshing after all of the holiday grub.
Any plant-based milk will do, but I highly suggest oat milk. Oat milk makes for a creamy smoothie. Plus, it’s rich in fiber and calcium, improving digestion and strengthening your bones. My favorite brand is Oatley. I recently bought it on a whim and LOVE it. Without a doubt, oat milk is my new favorite dairy-free milk.
Ingredients You’ll Find in this Berry Cocoa Dream Smoothie
- Dairy-free yogurt contains a range of probiotics to support healthy digestion.
- Bananas are high in fiber and loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, promoting good heart health.
- Pomegranate seeds contain powerful antioxidants, protecting cells from damage and reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin C, and are proven to lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids to support good heart health.
- Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants and has been linked to reduced inflammation and improved cholesterol.
- Lemon juice is a good source of vitamin C and aids in digestion.
This smoothie is definitely a quick, nutritious way to jump-start your day. Plus, it tastes amazing! It just goes to show that eating healthy doesn’t mean sacrificing taste. 😉
As always, if you make this recipe, please let me know what you think by rating it or commenting below. And, if you share on Instagram, be sure to tag me @plantedpurpose + #plantedpurpose. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
Berry Cocoa Dream Smoothie
This Berry Cocoa Dream Smoothie features pomegranate and blueberries with a hint of chocolate for an on-the-go breakfast that's both nutritious and delicious!
- 3/4 cup of your favorite plant-based milk (I used oat milk)
- 1/4 cup plain dairy-free yogurt, unsweetened
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 handful of ice (about 3 cubes)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more milk if you like a thinner consistency. Enjoy!